Radio Control Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Where can I find replacement parts for my radio-controlled car or truck?
- New Bright does not supply replacement parts. Toy and hobby shops typically stock generic replacement parts that fit New Bright radio-controlled vehicles.
- How long will my fully charged battery last?
- A fully charged battery typically lasts 15 to 20 minutes but this varies depending on the terrain the vehicle is run on.
- How long should I charge my battery?
- All New Bright batteries should be charged 8 hours for the first two charges and then 4 hours for each subsequent charge. If the battery has not been charged for several months, an 8 hour charge is recommended.
- What is the frequency or MHz of my vehicle and where is it located?
- The megahertz (MHz) is the frequency that the remote uses to communicate with the vehicle. To operate two vehicles at the same time, the vehicles must be on different frequencies. All New Bright packages have a MHz sticker that indicates the product's operational MHz. The MHz can also be found on the bottom of the vehicle and the back or bottom of the radio control.
- How do I determine the scale of my vehicle?
The scale of a vehicle is the ratio between the size of the toy vehicle and the actual vehicle the toy represents. For example a 1:10 scale vehicle is one tenth the size of the real vehicle. Below are typical scaled sizes in inches, however, these may vary depending on the size of the actual vehicle.
1:6 scale approx. 25 to 30 inches
1:8 scale approx. 20 inches
1:10 scale approx. 15 to 19 inches
1:14 to 1:16 scales approx. 11 to 14 inches
1:18 to 1:20 scales approx. 9 to 10 inches
1:24 scale approx. 7 inches
1:43 scale approx. 5 inches
- What is the warranty of my product?
- New Bright warrants to the original purchaser that their product will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Please see the owner's manual for further details.
- Does my vehicle require a battery cover?
- Vehicles that require AA or AAA batteries or are capable of using a 9.6v soft pack battery are supplied with a battery cover. Any vehicle that uses a 6.0v or 9.6v hard pack battery does not require a battery cover.